Hello and happy New Year! We are so excited for everything that’s in store for New South Home in 2020 and can’t wait to share it all with you. We’ve seen a few interior design trends emerge for this year, and thought it would be a fun blog post to share with you all! If you’re interested in seeing photos and a little video of each, check out our newest IGTV video on Instagram!
- The color brown. No, we’re not talking about all that brown that was popular in the early 2000’s 😉 This brown is more of a tobacco brown that you’ll see in leather and natural wood tones. You can easily implement this into any room in your home which is why it’s one of our favorites.
- More vibrant/moodier colors used for furnishings and paint. We’ve been loving this trend especially in our own projects! Our new favorite moody color is “Slate” from Sherwin Williams.
- Resurgence of maximalism, patterns, and over-the-top traditional style. We have a project that should be done in March that has a lot of these maximalism styles in it, so be on the lookout!
- Wall treatments and wallpaper. Wallpaper has always been an element we love using in our projects so we’re happy to see it evolve in the New Year. Wallpapered ceilings are especially in right now – maybe you’ll see one from us in the future 😉
- Minimalist kitchen design. Kitchens in 2020 are becoming more clean, minimalistic, and simple. Clean lines, hidden appliances, and open clean shelving are all making an impact.
So… what are your thoughts on these? We would love to hear your thoughts on our newest IGTV video on Instagram! If you have a second, take a look below to see some of our projects that have incorporated the interior design trends for 2020.